Date: Sunday 28 April Venue: Inkonst, Black BoxTime: 23.30–07.00Separate ticket!
Intonal 2019 doesn’t end with a bang but with a horisontal world premiere. Last year we handed the keys to the Black Box over to Andreas Tilliander who became Intonal’s own Sandman for a whole night. This year it’s time for Johanna Knutsson and Sebastian Mullaert to visit the dreams of those blessed souls who are lucky enough to secure a spot down in our black basement.
Johanna and Sebastian are both well known for their extraordinary capacities to completely entrance dance floors all over the world, often by adding an otherworldly or dreamlike dimension to their pounding grooves. Now, if you take away the pounding element all together and you replace dancing with dreaming, then you’ll have a pretty good idea what this is all about. Sebastian Mullaert’s We Float, released on Kontra-Musik a couple of years ago, is nothing less than a modern ambient classic and Johanna Knutsson has just released a purely magical ambient album called Tollarp Transmissions on the same label. In 2018 the two artists started to tour together as part of Circle of Live, but this will their first in a series of sleeping concerts.
By the means of live improvisation, Johanna and Sebastian will try to use the misty borderland between sleep and consciousness to their advantage. That’s where we’re most receptive to outside stimuli. Can dreams be gently manipulated by a musical excursion through the unconscious landscape within? Can dreams be experienced collectively through a controlled collective experience? Or will you just sleep like a baby? There’s only one way to find out, but this is a strictly limited event so don’t sleep on it.
The ‘Sleeping concert’ is not included in the festival ticket for Intonal, but requires a special ticket (145 SEK) due to the limited space in Inkonst’s Black Box. The concert will be live performed between Sunday at midnight and 06, Monday morning. Breakfast will be included in the price.
- Please be ready to enter the Black Box at 23:45 if you have a ticket to the Sleeping Concert.
- Inkonst will not provide your sleeping arrangements, but feel free to bring your own pillow, cover or sleeping bag, bedroll, camping mattress or similar. Or perhaps borrow from your hotel! Due to the limited space we will not allow big ol’ electrical inflatable beds or bulky mattresses. Use your common sense and get cozy!
- Fruit and water will be readily available during the night. You’re allowed to bring some light refreshments but keep it simple. And quiet. Alcoholic beverages are absolutely forbidden.
- For some, this will be a night filled with musical wonder. Others will perhaps fall asleep at 00.05, with dreams heavily infused by Knutsson & Mullaert. Either way, mutual respect and consideration are key words. There will be an Inkonst host available at all times, at your service.
- Inkonst reserves the right to exclude anyone not observing these requirements. But of course you will. It will be fantastic.
Get your tickets (145 SEK or 95 SEK for festival pass holders) to the Sleeping concert here.